TorontoJazz

TorontoJazz.....share the feeling

News

Forum Home > Your news items > Waitress Sue @ The Rex hands in her tray April 29

John Grimley
Site Owner

One of the fundamentals of this website is that it s not designed to be a forum for opinions. It, intentionally, sticks to the basics of who, what, when and where, when it comes to jazz around our City. 
This post is a rare exception to that norm. 

If you' ve enjoyed live jazz even just occasionally in Toronto, it is likely that you have been served by Sue, the waitress at The Rex Hotel.
It is with sadness that I must report that Sue leaves The Rex on April 29.
In my humble opinion she is the best server in this big city, with an uncanny knack of knowing, before I do, that I'd like a refill of that beer glass. Efficient, hard-working and knowledgeable.
Sue Ketcheson has worked at The Rex for more years than I (or perhaps she) care to remember. She is one of the reasons I gladly go to the Rex; I can be sure of quiet, friendly, attentive service. If I owned a bar, I would not hesitate to offer her a place there.

Sunday April 29 is her last day. Be sure to drop by between now and then to say goodbye and wish her well. On that day, both the Excelsior and the Freeway jazz bands are playing, so lots of reasons to hit the Rex that afternoon.

Farwell, Sue and thank you for all your years of wonderful service.
You will be missed.

(JG) 

April 8, 2018 at 9:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John Grimley
Site Owner

Update:
After a well-deserved 'send-off' on Sunday April 29, Sue is taking a position at The Hanoi 3 Seasons restaurant at 588 Gerrard Street East.
There has been suggestions, unconfirmed, that you may also find her at The Jazz Bistro at some point in the future. 
Best wishes, Sue.

(JG 18.05.01)

May 1, 2018 at 1:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.